1996 xantia estate sx td parcel shelf / load cover

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

1996 xantia estate sx td parcel shelf / load cover

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Hi, I have just purchased a 1996 xantia sx td estate, it has a parcel shelf on but no load cover, is it possible to buy a load cover separately or do you have to buy it complete with the shelf ?

secondly this estate has chrome trims around the wheel arches ( looks quite smart ) and a chrome fish design shape on the estate door, can anyone tell me is this a standard design on a sx or maybe a special edition model sx ?
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Saw the car go last night on ebay - jumped a bit from 290 to 1050 in 10 minutes!! You MUST have REALLY wanted it!!

Not sure about the wheelarch trims personally, and I know half a dozen people I showed the pictures to didn't like them either, so each to their own...

Check that the blind isn't actually there still! I bought an estate a few weeks back and having only regularly used saloons only saw the fixed carpeted bit. For some reason best known to Citroen the blind actually rolls from the front of the boot backwards beneath the shelf before you actually see it to pull out to the rear hooks!! Have you actually taken the shelf out of the car to examine it!!

They're hard to get hold of new or second hand. A guy in Bristol regularly advertises one in the local free newspaper for £150!! He recons citroen want £250 for it new. Strange he hasn't sold it yet then; my TD SX est cost less than that, ffs!!

A local yard to me wanted £50 PLUS postage if you're from afar...

The fish badge AFAIK is for those who are Christian Scientists. Mind, if you're reading this don't be offended if I've got this wrong!! :wink:

Andrew
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

"Citroen XANTIA ESTATE - BREAKING FOR SPARES - REAR LIGHT
Item number: 4602225526"
His reply to a request for the shelf was:

'Hi, yes we have rear shelf it will be £50 plus vat plus £11.75 p+p. please call 01792 771701 for further details"

They all appear to be on Filmstar wages there mind so EVERYTHING has to be priced accordingly... :wink:

Andrew
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I agree about the 'Fish' symbol - probably stuck on with something really sticky that doesn't come off from those I've seen.

The bright arches used, I always thought, to be used by dodgy dealers to cover up rusty arches prior to sale! This generally applied to thin edges, the thick ones as used on Mercedes and things are actually quite expensive.
jeremy
WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Just been out to the car, part of the load cover is there but only just about passes the small parcel shelf and looks like it has been torn off
CURRENT CARS:-
2019 CITROEN C3 AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 110BHP MANUAL (WIFES CAR)
2020 CITROEN AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 130BHP AUTO (MY CAR)
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Hi welshviking that light at the end of the tunnel, it's probably a train. regards john.