Airbag light woes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Airbag light woes

Post by np »

Well,i got around to looking into this today.My light came on just before xmas,after being fixed for the 2nd time in 2 yrs.Both times being the module thingy in the steering wheel.Striped the whole airbag & wheel off today.Dismantled & checked everything.Even replaced the conections under the seats with crimped connectors.To my delight,when i started the car,the light went out as normal :D .Took it for a drive,within a mile it came on again :( :cry: :x .
Apart from taking the dash to bits to check the passenger airbag,i`m now at a loss what to do.With the standard of driving today,it would be nice to have working airbags!
I think i will have to ring the independent garage to have a polite word.I begrudge having to pay another £35 to be told whats wrong.So will see what they can come up with.
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

IIRC there is slipring/slider under the steering wheel with nasty habits ?
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

AndersDK wrote:IIRC there is slipring/slider under the steering wheel with nasty habits ?
You mean the rotary switch :wink:
Sturdybloke

Airbag

Post by Sturdybloke »

I thought it was called a clock spring? Is it?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Clock spring,rotary switch etc.Had all that apart.Thats whats been replaced twice already.My thoughts are that both times its been replaced,when turning the steering wheel,you can here what sounds like wires twisting.After having it apart today & playing with it all,theres a large about of coiled wire in it.I reckon its been pulled to tight when turning the steering wheel & causing a break in the wire.Although it looks all intact,the coiled wires within it are very thin & joined together.So it may have a break somewhere.
I have to take it apart again anyway,as the steering wheel controls for the stereo dont work now :cry: :oops: .
Oh well.
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k