xantia doors wont open (and petrol cap)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ricflair

xantia doors wont open (and petrol cap)

Post by ricflair »

A while back my drivers side door lock stopped working(just turned round and round) so i started to use the passenger side to lock the doors with central locking. No problem for me, and i got used to it.

Anyway, last weekend we went shopping, and i locked the car as usuall by the passenger door, but when we returned only the front passenger door unlocked, no central locking!. Firstly i dreaded that it was a dead battery because i didnt hear the central locking noise. However it wasnt that, and the car starts fine. The doors wont even open from the iside. The locks will move up, but the doors are still not unlocked(and the petrol cap is still locked). Im assuming its some sort of deadlocking fault. Ive trid replacing the relavent fuse from the manual(21 i think off hand) but still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas as i need to start using my car again from next week, and am not going to get far if i cant open the petrol cap.
liamkeen

Post by liamkeen »

i have the exact same problem my friend and have had to remove the motor from the fuel cap as i havent found anyone to help fix it yet
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

As a temporary measure, disconnect the fuel cap solenoid and run a seperate feed to it to operate.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I would guess the problem is in the passenger door lock.

The solenoid, switch or whatever operates the central locking is either not functioning or the wiring is damaged. This has left the rest of the doors deadlocked (can only be opened via the central locking) and the filler cap locked by the locking pin.