Alarm Help Needed Xantia TD 1.9 1995

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

soupy_sam
My Cars:

Alarm Help Needed Xantia TD 1.9 1995

Post by soupy_sam »

hi guys when using my plip to lock my Xantia TD 1.9 1995 all goes well and the car locks . When I open the car the locks operate the indicator lights flash but the left hand side lights stay on and are a pig to get to turn off by locking and unlocking them.
I suspect it is a sticking 'relay?' but if it is where is it and if not what else and where is it.

I have removed the fuse until I can fix it.
Sam de Lessups from Coventry West Midlands England
Xantia 1.9 TD 1995 185000 this old girl went to sleep.

Picasso Exclusive 1.6 HDi 2005 29500
DEREK TOURRET
My Cars:

Post by DEREK TOURRET »

HI,IT SOUNDS AS IF THE ALARM ECU IS GIVING UP, E:MAIL ME YOUR REG NUMBER & WE MAY HAVE ONE IN STOCK ( at present we are compilling a list of all our redundent stock, all to be cleared at cost price !!!!!!!! ) =D>
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Is it the left hand side indicator lights which stay on ?

I had a problem like this on my Activa. Sometimes the left indicators stayed on. Sometimes both indicators stayed on and sometimes when I operated the steering column stalk to indicate both indicators would flash like hazard warnings.

The alarm ECU is under the carpet under the passenger front seat. In my case I found that the alarm unit had got wet because I had water under the carpet on the passenger side front and rear footwells.

The alarm should be held up off the floor on a bracket, but mine wasn't. The bracket was broken and it was on the floor. So, it got really wet.

The wetness was rainwater. It came in through the heater intake. The scuttle trim at the bottom of the windscreen had a crack in it right over the heater inlet so rain dripped straight in.

I sealed the crack with a car body silicone sealant, took the carpets out to dry them and mounted the alarm ECU back on its bracket.

I haven't had indicator lights playing up since.

cheers, Kev
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Could you let me have a stocklist when it's ready please, Derek?
I'm in Shrewsbury, and could collect anything of interest.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Here are some pics. Courtesy of Photobucket.com.

Crack in Scuttle plate trim beneath windscreen but over heater air intake. It's such a neat crack I thought it was a join in the plastic !

Carpets out. Alarm unit under seat. I think it should be attached to the white bracket sticking out from the side of the footwell. It is now anyway. A self tapper right through the top plastic.

Last edited by KevMayer on 05 Jan 2006, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Kev

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Oops... these pics look too big.

Am I in trouble. I posted the IMG link and the pics came right up.

There's URL, TAG, or IMG which you can copy and paste from Photobucket. I think I should have used the URL tag like this.......

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/ ... _0809a.jpg
Cheers, Kev

np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I sometimes have the same problem,due to my scuttle panel being the same as Kevmayers.Even though i`ve tried fixing the panel.Every now & then,i pull the carpet back & spray all the connectors etc with WD40.That cures all the probs for another few months till it starts playing up again. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I sometimes have the same problem,due to my scuttle panel being the same as Kevmayers.Even though i`ve tried fixing the panel.Every now & then,i pull the carpet back & spray all the connectors etc with WD40.That cures all the probs for another few months till it starts playing up again. :)
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

np
My Cars:

Post by np »

OOPPS :oops: :?
Had the same problem as this topic http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=17414
Try`d to re-post reply & its been enter`d 3 times,sorry :oops: :)