DASHBOARD REMOVAL

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

DASHBOARD REMOVAL

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Hi,
Finally after 10 days of illness tried today to put the air con condensor/ fan motor / pollen filter housing back in tha Xantia, no good does not matter how much i tried it would not go back in, only come out fairly easily because it was broken.
Now the problem i have is i need to buy a complete housing probably from Citroen ( the price is a NIGHTMARE !!! ) as i do not know anyone who could supply me one as i have tried all the major suppliers inc GSF any help in finding one would be appreciated .
Secondly the only way off putting it back in as far as i can see is dashboard removal so i will be doing this hopefully in the new year and i may as well put in a new MATRIX while i am at it.....What i need to know is a easy way off removal of the dashboard...not the haynes manuel way in which you have to remove almost everything in the car :( . I know there has been various posts on here about dashboard removals but i cannot find any at the moment......Thanks and by the way the car is a Xantia Hdi Sx 2000/ W reg.............Colin
CURRENT CARS:-
2019 CITROEN C3 AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 110BHP MANUAL (WIFES CAR)
2020 CITROEN AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 130BHP AUTO (MY CAR)
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Why not get a replacement housing from a breaker?

That way, you get experience in removing the dash (and can see how much really needs taking off), not to mention the price difference!
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Hi Welshviking, over at wrexham myself, the dash removal is fairly accurate in the book of lies for a change, just keep plodding through it and dont be tempted to take shortcuts, a buddy of mine was doing a 306 matrix this summer, he thought he could see a shortcut, sproing! the heater assembly, cables flaps, little plastic cogs all came apart in his hands! he ended up resaaembling it blind with his wife watching through the windscreen, giving him a running commentary, in reality its not such a bad job, there are a lot of pieces but if you are methodical it really doesnt take long.
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Tried approx 50 breaker yards all over the country and either they have not got the part available or are not prepared to strip one out of the car for me ( i thought that was the point of breaker yards )..not yet found one with the cover out and ready to send to me. I would probably get away with just the bottom piece as the top one looks fine but as usual Citroen sells them as a complete set of covers top and bottom in the set for MEGABUCKS !!!! Colin
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I was suggesting that you remove the parts yourself - a good way of working out what's involved without worrying too much about doing damage.
WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Thanks for your reply dnsey, all the local breaker to me have only got the old xantia not the facelift model so the cover is different, also i am not sure where you are in the country but around this area they will not let you enter the yards anymore for insurance reasons they either have it on the shelf or will tell you to come back when the car is being dismantled .As i said earlier i have not found one yet with a facelift model xantia who is prepaired to take off the covers and let me have it...I dont want to go to Citroen but i am very quickly running out of options because i cannot find an independent stockist or supplier who deals in this type of item...which is surprising taken into account it is made by VALEO
i have added a photo of the part so people can see what i am talking about
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/ ... TIA009.jpg
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I'm near Shrewsbury - have you tried the Telford breakers? There are a couple there who usually have a good stock of Xantias, and will let you remove bits.
Village
My Cars:

Post by Village »

Noooooo! Don't do it!!

Coca-cola with lemon.... EEUGHHHH!!
French car free zone....
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

There's a breaker near Lichfield - Beacon Metals. They let me climb up onto a Xantia to strip out a sunroof motor. They have a few xantia from time to time.

http://www.beaconmetals.co.uk

Cheers
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
Peter Mannn
My Cars:

Post by Peter Mannn »

Sometimes a strong repair can be made using fibreglass and epoxy glue. I find that the self-adhesive fibreglass tape used by plasterers is very handy.
Peter Mannn
My Cars:

Post by Peter Mannn »

Sometimes a strong repair can be made using fibreglass and epoxy glue. I find that the self-adhesive fibreglass tape used by plasterers is very handy.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Why don't you talk to Dan [D.Slatford] who's breaking a S2 Estate and has most of the car apart now listed in the For sale and Wanted section. He'll be able to tell you ALL about Mk 2 Xantia dashboards as this appears to have been the downfall of his running car into a catalogue of spare parts...

I'm sure he's the man to help you here!

Andrew
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Apparently the forum is in Debug mode!! So I tried sending the previous message again...
Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on 24 Dec 2005, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

And again!! :lol:

Andrew