BX Warning lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

beemernut
My Cars:

BX Warning lights

Post by beemernut »

Hope you can help me with the latest problem on my BX.

Once the car is started the Stop, Radiator level, Oil, Fuel and hydraulic warning lights all remain lit most of the time (rarely unlit). I have checked the levels of the fluids and they are full. I'm assuming that there is a contact which may have corroded or a rheostat that has started to fail in the wiring during the time that the car was off the road. Any suggestions where I should start looking for the cause of the problem? Despite the time of year, I would prefer that the instrument panel didn't resemble a Xmas tree.

Many Thanks
BX 19 Meteor Diesel 1990
BX 19 TRS 1987
BX 17TZD Estate 1992
XM 2.0SI Mark 1 1990
In the words of OGRI "Stuff Everything - I've always got my bike" (or should that be Bike & Citroens?)
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Haynes! Look at the wiring diagram. Any of the warning lights you have lit will illuminate the stop lamp so discount that for the time being. As you have three other lamps up, you are looking for a common link to the problem, for example an earth lead. There are a number of diodes in the panel. THese are usually reliable, so don't go blaming them just yet!
Be happy: it is a way of being wise. (Confucius.)
'92 TZD Estate(Grolliffe), Gone but never to be forgotten.
'95 405 GLX TD Estate. too new to name.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Since the oil pressure switch is used to test all those lights at start up, I'd be looking there first. Pull the wire off and ground it. If all the lights go out, the switch is faulty (or there's no oil pressure :shock: ), if the lights stay on the wire is broken somewhere.
Richard W
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image