Zx Aura

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Zx Aura

Post by mezuk04 »

Brother in law has told me how the car starts fine in the mornings nicely since the glowplugs have all been done.

Unfortuantly he continued to tell me how it does smoke quite a lot intitial and shudders (judders) at start and a few hundred yards down the road, i asked did the rev counter move along with the judders but he says it just did it a little bit but not a lot to notice.

I asked what colour the smoke is...black or white and he says its more white (thats air isnt it?).

Although my Xantia has had new glowplugs in it and starts fine it occasionaly smokes a bit and does the usual judder while the engine gets going (mainly leave it 10 mins in the morning while i have a wash before i go to work).

So do you think theres much to worry about, cant say it bothers me with my car to be fair but then my bro in law doesnt exactly have any funds for any problems. Im guessing that if it was a big issue then he would have rang me up to tell me instead of waiting till i went round for a reason :roll:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

How many miles has it done? could be just engine wear or incorrect valve clearances. If it goes allright when it gets warm, I wouldn't worry about it.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

If i can remember its done about 104,000, certainly close to my mileage.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

These engines should start on all 4 and run on all 4 all the time. Sounds like air to me. I think if it were valves it would miss on one cylinder (or so) and would stop quite quickly as the head expanded- so increasing the cam/valve seat distance.

Try replacing the last pipe to the injection pump with plastic and see if you can see bubbles in it.

If you have a Bosch pump the leakoff pipes are important and will let in air - if you have a Roto-diesel then the leakoffs will just waste fuel and smell.
jeremy
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Thanks for the reply, i told him its most likely air but if its not cutting out or causing him serious problems then im not too much in a rush for me and Wilkobob to look into it...well its xmas festivities now and very chilly...ive just told him give it a few minutes before setting off :)