Xantia starting problems SOLVED

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

flygirl767

Xantia starting problems SOLVED

Post by flygirl767 »

:D Hi, Guys and Gals,
Recently posted a problem regarding starting and running problems with my Xantia. Replaced the glow plugs, replaced the black blobby thing, replaced the fuel pipes from join over steering rack to the pump itself. Still didn't work. THEN a contact on here (fastandfurryous listen to him, he's good) TOLD me the problem was with the fuel filter. Well, nobody could find anything wrong until one guy noticed a tiny drop of fuel appear at a white stopper on the bottom left side (viewed from front). Nobody seems to know what the white stopper thing is. Anyway, a replacement filter housing was fitted and, hey presto, it's absolutely perfect. Starts on the button, hot and cold.. The strange thing is, the fault was found by accident, it REALLY was a tiny drop and it wasn't continuous. There was about 5 minutes between each drip. Just thought you'd like to know. :D
Keep well,
Michelle
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Hi Michelle

Glad to hear you've found the problem. The fuel filter is also a fuel heater with a water supply to its base. From the sound of what you found its the thermostat fixing that is leaking. Somewhere on here are instructions and photos on how to repair it.
jeremy