xantia ecu removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bigboy
My Cars:

xantia ecu removal

Post by bigboy »

could anybody please tell me how to remove ecu from xantia diesel located on fuel pump as i need to replace due to lost immobiliser code
bigboy
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Bad news I'm affraid, the pump has to be removed from the engine, then the shear head bolts that hold the steel (gold coloured) security cover on have to be driven round (unscrewed) by punching them with a hammer and a punch, that is the most common method, or if that doesn't work they have to be drilled out.
It is impossible to do this with the pump in place and the pump is a bit of a bugger to get off, you need an "S" shape spanner or a crescent spanner to get at the bottom nut on the pump mounting flange, if its an aircon model that is as the hydraulic pump is then mounted high up making access to the bottom fuel pump flange nut difficult.
Dave
bigboy
My Cars:

Post by bigboy »

thanks for that i was hoping for an easier time but never mind this will teach me not to play around with numbers!!!!!!!!
bigboy
RichardH
My Cars:

Post by RichardH »

You may be able to get the keypad immobiliser read or reset. Some auto electricians have the gear to do this. Check out http://www.unimark.freeserve.co.uk/serv03.htm or do a web search on "keypad immobiliser" and see if you can find someone close to you.
Good luck, Richard
bigboy
My Cars:

Post by bigboy »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
You may be able to get the keypad immobiliser read or reset. Some auto electricians have the gear to do this. Check out http://www.unimark.freeserve.co.uk/serv03.htm or do a web search on "keypad immobiliser" and see if you can find someone close to you.
Good luck, Richard

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>yes thanks i had looked at that option but have a conflict of interests citroen say that the code is only in the ecu not the key pad various companys that claim to read require the keypad and ecu to be sent the ecu is fixed to the derv pump via shear bolts if you could get it off without knackering it it will cost £85 to decode a bit of a gamble i thought when citroen sell new ecu fof £90 and ther are a few out there who claim to be able to get the code via the pad only for £70 again do you risk it?
bigboy
Edited by - bigboy on 19 Nov 2002 10:12:30
Edited by - bigboy on 19 Nov 2002 10:34:11