DS design inspires owner to make his car more aerodynamic !

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

DS design inspires owner to make his car more aerodynamic !

Post by ACTIVE8 »

This apparently has a Citroen connection :shock: according to the description below the picture.

Although I would rather have a real 8) DS, than a Robin based so called look alike. :D

http://www.topgear.com/content/timetobu ... ages/0102/
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Sorry, but I couldn't resist posting the details of the car, and after all it apparently does have a French Connection. :D
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Looks like a frog preparing to jump, i dunno why hehehe :D:D:D:D But it does look mean, especially with those huge rear tyres. Hmmm.. does it move at all? :twisted:
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

406 V6 wrote:Looks like a frog preparing to jump, i dunno why hehehe :D:D:D:D But it does look mean, especially with those huge rear tyres. Hmmm.. does it move at all? :twisted:
Not sure as to if it moves, having said that, it looks like it's outside in the country somewhere. It also has a tax disc in the windscreen which might be current.

It's the sort of thing that makes you wonder about the imagination :idea: of the creator. If anyone had to drive it for the person who created it they would need a disguise to hide their embarrassment. :oops:

Apparently the car it's based on is a Reliant Robin, which is very apt because you would certainly feel like a right plonker if you had to drive it.
:D :shock: :D

I agree the rear wheels do look a bit wide, and are wider than what a Reliant Robin would normally have.
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

That Renault 25 looks like something that I would have driven back in the early 90's - especially with those flames up the side of the car. The Ideal pulling machine (look out ladies)................ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:.
Paul Mi16

Post by Paul Mi16 »

Words fail me.

Paul.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Inbred

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well here's a 2CV with a DS front end, :) so at least it's been kept in the family. :)

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Although it's possibly a tad too low in the bonnet that 2CV looks like it's been modified to take a GS engine thus requiring the longer nose & wings - if it has it's been converted better than some I've seen...

Andrew
JohnTurbo
My Cars:

Post by JohnTurbo »

Anyone for a hot BX? Oh yeah baby!

Citroens have more spheres.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I don't understand why this is here.

http://www.topgear.com/content/timetobu ... ages/0410/

CXs came with metric wheels, so you have to replace them with something aftermarket to get tyres to fit (that aren't ridiculously priced).
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Kowalski wrote:I don't understand why this is here.

CXs came with metric wheels, so you have to replace them with something aftermarket to get tyres to fit (that aren't ridiculously priced).
I saw that picture and thought the very same thing!!

Maybe to an uninformed BBC researcher trawling through 100o's of pictures it appears 'done-up' as it's low on the ground... :roll:

Andrew
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Kowalski wrote:I don't understand why this is here.

I agree, as I have also seen this CX previously on the Top Gear web site in the Carbage section, and thought exactly the same thing. I.E. that it should not be there at all.

The car looks nice, and subtle, and does not belong there.

Unlike the BX which seems to have been converted by Ali G, and does belong there.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

A Racing 2CV

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Here's another 2CV that they have included, even though this car was modified for racing at Pikes Peak Hill Climb, so there are specific reasons for it to look this way.
So, it's another car that should not have been included.

While the cars modified by the owners, with very dubious taste like the BX deserve to be on the list.

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Wonder what happened on TopGear when they got their hands on an owners Cx for a road test presumably to introduce the new C6...

You can only dread to think :cry:

Andrew
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

andmcit wrote:Although it's possibly a tad too low in the bonnet that 2CV looks like it's been modified to take a GS engine thus requiring the longer nose & wings - if it has it's been converted better than some I've seen...

Andrew
So, if that 2CV does have a GS engine in its modified front end, then I suppose it should be called a 2CV GT. :wink: