xantia wont start :(

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philengland
My Cars:

xantia wont start :(

Post by philengland »

hi, hope someone can help here

i've just had a belt changed on my xantia sx deisel - the belt i had changed was the belt that powers the hydrolic pump amongst other things

now there is a problem she wont start! there seems to be no fuel getting through to the engine to fire up! either that or the glow plugs are naff

any ideas?

just to confuse matters even more when pointing up a slope - that is when she wont start, yet pointing down a slope she is fine at startting! any ideas anyone?

also fuses - is there a fuse for the fuel pump, glow plugs or anything else deisel related? looked in the hand book but find nothing!

thankyou
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Pop outside now and pump up the fuel line bulb until it is hard. These lines are knonwn to have a problem of fuel running back down the line. Come back to us if no success. Changing that belt should not have caused a problem.
Cheers!
John
philengland
My Cars:

Post by philengland »

that worked! thankyou mate!

just phoned my father, apparently he got that bulb from a fishing tackle shop (of all places) moto factors dont do them apparently!

once again thankyou! i was becoming bald like the smilly things :lol: through stress associated with the car