Are Pug 306 and Citr ZX common ???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sooty
My Cars:

Are Pug 306 and Citr ZX common ???

Post by sooty »

I've made this fresh topic mainly about the suspension parts.

Can anyone really say, whether the Phase 1 pug 306 is common with the ZX. Also I see the Xsara is mentioned as being interchangeable with the ZX.???

We've seen people saying that the pug uses the floor pan as the ZX and certain parts are interchangeable. But what is??

The reason I've asked this, as suggested in my previous Topic about front bearing failure. It's possible the hub assembly is at fault. So when its enquired around various local breakers, they have no ZX's being broken, but plenty of pugs, trying to find front suspension legs complete with springs and hubs etc.

So does anyone really know whether or what parts are interchangeable. Granted the spring rates maybe slightly different, etc. I know the pads are the same, as are brake shoes and handbrake cables.

Why don't we list known parts that can be fitted from one model to another to help us all. :wink: 8)

Listing such as:-

A gearbox from a 90hp HDI pug or citr to a TD ZX, giving a better rev/speed (90mph@3000rpm), hence improved fuel economy.
Last edited by sooty on 08 Dec 2005, 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
Ex 307 2.0Hdi 90 bhp 2003
Ex Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 2008
Ex Vauxhall Insignia SRI 2.0 CDTi 2010
C4 Picasso 1.6 HDi VTR+ 2014
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

i would say that the hub shape and fixings would be the same between 306 and zx but depending on engines,models and spec they would be different,where the driveshaft fits in flange diffrent size splines,geometry angles will change between cars as well,i think its a case of suck it and see :?: gearbox would probbably fit but gear ratios would change and you may find engine torque would suffer,on laser there are so many listings of gearbox for just one model with a certain type of engine :cry: