FUSES FOR THE 2 FRONT FANS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

FUSES FOR THE 2 FRONT FANS

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Still having problems with the 2 fans at the front of the car, when the heater is on full and on windscreen setting or when air-con is on only the left hand fan operates on very high speed. I have replaced the 3 relays front , left and switching but still the right hand will not operate. i am almost certain it is the fuse for the right hand fan but i cannot find it and 3 people on here have said 3 different location to look for the fuse. the car is a HDI SX 2000 "W" REG so if anyone is 100% certain where to look for the fuses for the fans i would be appericited if they can tell me where they are....thanks again

P.S i am still waiting for the haynes manuel to arrive so i can find them myself
CURRENT CARS:-
2019 CITROEN C3 AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 110BHP MANUAL (WIFES CAR)
2020 CITROEN AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 130BHP AUTO (MY CAR)
Oystercatcher
My Cars:

Post by Oystercatcher »

According to my handbook, they are in the engine compartment between the battery and the LHM tank: F3 30A & F5 5A. H*ynes BOL says the same for Mk1, so I assume it's the same for all (but knowing Citroen....... :roll: )

I had a problem for a time with the nearside fan not working and the other going full tilt. Squeezing the relay connectors to make them grip the pins better cured it (I used a small screwdriver between the connector and the plastic to crush them slightly).

Alan
'98 Xantia TD SX 123K - Gone! - Now a Citroen-free zone :(
Wanted another Hydro Cit, didn't want a C5, can't afford a C6..... Yet :)
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

when you switch a/c on fans should both cut in slow speed ,when slow speed is on both fans are wired in series so they run half speed 6 volts each,if one fan motor is duff the other will not work slow speed either,what i think is hapenning to your car is if you leave a/c on for a while with no slow speed cooling for condensor the a/c pressure will rise up and when it reaches 17 bar it triggers ecu to run fans at high speed to lower tempreture and pressure of a/c system,when high speed is activated by ecu it operates the other 2 relays giving one fan a different earth and the other a 12 volt supply so fans are no longer in series but paralell. After that long winded explanation i would run your a/c and spin the fan that does not come on high speed with a screwdriver and see if it starts to go,poss fan motor faulty changed loads of them for this type of problem,also have come across wiring corroded out behind front bumper on peugeot and citroen cars :idea:
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

If you dont slow down Viking, you will have filled up the entire page will threads on 'FUSES' :lol:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

hi mezuk shall we start a new thread ? how about fuses :lol: just being funny :wink:
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

humour......what a dangerous thing hehehehhehe....leave the comical antics to my laddy.....im well versed! :)
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
Clogzz
My Cars:

Re: FUSES FOR THE 2 FRONT FANS

Post by Clogzz »

WELSHVIKING wrote:where to look for the fuses
If you don't find the fan fuses, it's probably because you look amongst the 'ordinary' fuses.
The 2 fan fuses are 40 Amps and are bigger and look different to all the other fuses.
They have thick black wires connected to them.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389