Xantia HDi Low pressure fuel pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mcgregor
My Cars:

Xantia HDi Low pressure fuel pump

Post by mcgregor »

Hi
Can anyone tell me if the changeout of the Xantia Hdi low pressure fuel pump and sender unit in the tank is a DIY proposition at all. My one has started to make a noise fairly regularly now and I think it might be wise to change it before too long. However my local garage has quoted me around £270 parts and labour which is a bit dear for me at this time of year so I wondered how difficult a job it really is. Can anyone help?
Dave
mcgregor
My Cars:

Post by mcgregor »

Please guys any ideas or experience on this one gratefully recieved.
Dave
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I think you can do it from inside the car - lift the rear seats, and pull the carpet out (on the N/S I think). There should then be a big black blanking plug there somewhere, pull that out, and you should be able to see the pump on top of the tank. I'm pretty sure you can get the pump out through the hole in the floor - just take care not to fill the inside of the car with diesel!
Richard W
mcgregor
My Cars:

Post by mcgregor »

What about the pick up pipe? Is it attached to the bottom of the tank do you know? I'd hate to start this job and find that its beyond my skill/knowlege. But I also have a massive need to save over £100 !!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

AFAIK, all fuel pipes and electrical connections are made to the top of the pump. I think GSF do the pump only now, which is cheaper than the whole unit.
Richard W