Xantia Keypad Immobiliser

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Goughy
My Cars:

Xantia Keypad Immobiliser

Post by Goughy »

I've just replaced the cylinder head on my '96 Xantia....hurrah !
...unfortunately, I've lost the car handbook which I recall describes how to operate the Immobiliser....
The alarm works fine from the keyfob, however the Red AND Green lights are illuminated on the keypad and my 4-digit PIN number does'nt seem to disarm the immobiliser.
Can anyone advise? / Possibly have a look at their handbook and repond?
Many Thanks
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Red and green lights on at the same time means there is a fault, the book says the red should light on its own after turning the ignition off and back on, don't think yours does though or you wouldn't be asking here.
Check over any disturbed wiring for loose or disconnected plugs (as if you wouldn't have allready) and operate the central locking, try connecting the battery with the drivers door closed if it was open open when you did it, a long shot I know but the central locking and opening of the drivers door both start the countdown to the keypad lock up in normal operation, just possible something like this could have tied it in knots.
Disconnecting the battery shouldn't cause loss of the code, if its a turbo diesel the security device is on the injection pump, so any wiring been disturbed there.
If it was functioning correctly before the work was carried out I would try and find the cause before attempting to change the code, even if you can with it in that state, because you don't actually know what state its in it may go and accept an erroneous code unknown to you and then you really will be stumped.
Dave
Goughy
My Cars:

Post by Goughy »

Thanks Dave,
I'll re-check all the connections and follow your recommendations.
Just for info, the unit is a 1.8 16v petrol if that helps.
One possiblity I thought of was that because I've replaced the coil unit on top of the head (the section containing the spark plugs etc), this may have interfered with the ECU/immobiliser setup.
Do you think this is plausible?
If I resolve the problem and it's cause, I'll post it on.
Thanks again
Goughy
Goughy
My Cars:

Post by Goughy »

Finally resolved the problem and thought I'd post it on just incase anyone has a similar problem.
A blown fuse! (No.7 in the fusebox inside the engine compartment)
Feeling slightly stupid....but very relieved!
Great Forum !