RADIO CODE

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

RADIO CODE

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Hi, Before i disconnect my battery tomorrow to remove the seats, is it possible to get your radio code from your radio ? I was not given the radio code for the radio ...any ideas please ...Thanks
CURRENT CARS:-
2019 CITROEN C3 AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 110BHP MANUAL (WIFES CAR)
2020 CITROEN AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 130BHP AUTO (MY CAR)
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

No- you need the code, unless you know what you are doing: I suspect,like me, you don't!!!otherwise the tealeafs would be able to get it as well as you!!!

All is not lost, however, as any good ICE shop will be able to recode it for you for a fee- the last time this happened to me with a car I bought without a radio code, it only cost me about a tenner for them to do it!!

It does make you wonder how secure radio coding really is, as the bloke took the radio out to the back of the shop, and shouted through 'what number do you want it to be'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

You could just also connect the radio to 12v worth of torch
batteries before you disconnect the cars battery- at least then, although you don't know the code, youwon't lose the one thats already in there.............. :D
awg2

Post by awg2 »

You may be lucky. I slid my radio out and a member of the green ink brigade had written the code on the body of the radio. I guess they didn't think the code performed any useful purpose - such as a disincentive to theft.
Sturdybloke

Code

Post by Sturdybloke »

You could always your main dealer. Sometimes they can be helpfull and sometimes they dont give a toss. You will need the V5 if you do go there (to prove the car is actually yours) and be prepared to pay a few pound, or they might be in a good mood and give it to you free [-o< - Anthony.
Nutkin333

Post by Nutkin333 »

I rang my local Citroen garage for mine on two occasions :roll: typical gal ya i know lol.
I wrote my code on some paperwork that i knew i wouldn't be getting rid of to do with the car.
The only thing i forgot to do was to remember how to input the darn thing
Anyone able to guide me?
I can input all numbers fine but when i press button 5 it plays and breaks up then stops, darn thing. I'm sure the citroen shop did sommat slightly different, hmmm
Sammy
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

bxbodger wrote:You could just also connect the radio to 12v worth of torch batteries before you disconnect the cars battery- at least then, although you don't know the code, youwon't lose the one thats already in there.............. :D
It takes well over a minute without power before the radio needs re-entering the code.
You could check where the 12V goes in, and when you disconnect, not waste time hooking it up to a prepared 12V source, possibly even the disconnected car battery with suitable wires.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
gramps

Post by gramps »

I got the code for a Berlingo from my local dealer all they needed was the registration!!
kb
My Cars:

Post by kb »

I got the code for my berlingo from the dealer it came from, all they needed was the registration number and bingo! Within a minute they has the code for me. That was three days ago, as I needed to disconnect the radio to insert a changer into the rear of the unit.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

You can buy a decoder program off ebay for no more than a fiver. The code must run on some kind of formula according to the radio's serial number.

I run a Mac so the native to PC software had to be installed on my BIL's PC. Had a fright when he said it all went belly up the other day, but it was backed up onto another hard disk.

Cheaper and easier than dealing with a Cit dealer, and I can vouch for the success rate with all the radios I'm decoding regularly after I've messed about with batteries in my 'fleet'.

Have resorted to writing the code on the damned things mind, as mentioned in the earlier posting by awg2!!

All the best,
Andrew
kb
My Cars:

Post by kb »

The only problem with your solution is you have to pay the fiver, go to citroen you get it for free.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

kb wrote:The only problem with your solution is you have to pay the fiver, go to citroen you get it for free.
I think the kindness of a friendly dealer [they DO REALLY exist????] would have worn thin by the 12th radio...

and the hassle of going there and catching them in the right frame of mind...

I'll stick with the unlock software I use thanks. So it's a fiver... cant move the car these days and use less fuel than that!!

Andrew
kb
My Cars:

Post by kb »

My dealer obviously was a friendly dealer. I am talking about one radio in one car. If you have a fleet of cars to deal with obviously your solution would be more effective. But as a one off it is probably more sound to approach the dealer first, I am sure you will agree, the worst he can say is no.
Evodad
My Cars:

Post by Evodad »

I had this problem a couple of year's ago.
Found how to get it from the radio's PCB from one of the radio code websites. There's been links in previous posts.

There's some diodes on the PCB all in line. By looking which ones are linked & which ones are not you can got the code. By changing the links you can change the code.

Haven't got time to get all the info, but if you care to look, it's out there.
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

"radio code websites. There's been links in previous posts"
Is this the one?
http://radiocode.proboards6.com/index.c ... qst&page=2
Phil