Xantia power steering leak HELP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

den169
My Cars:

Xantia power steering leak HELP

Post by den169 »

Hi guys my 98 xantia has sprung a leak on the power steering pipe,Its the one right at the bottom of the radiator it comes from the pump into a rubber flexi pipe about 14" long, its broke right at the end of the flexi it looks like a brake pipe type of thing but the head on its round so i'm not sure if it will turn out with a socket or if its pressed in somehow,has anyone had this problem.Im thinking if i could get the head out maybe i could cut the pipe back to a good piece and join a new bit of pipe in or do i have to replace the whole pipe.
cheers
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

It wont help you try to bodge this pipe.

Any coolant hose may be repaired as this is carrying a system pressure of maximum 1.5bar.

But the Citroen hydraulic system - directly from the pump - is carrying in excess of 300bar :shock:
- try repair that with a worm clip and/or gaffer tape :roll:

Its positively a new pipe !

Note : your exact Xantia model (engine type/size - aircon/not - auto/man) defines the part number of this pipe. There are at least 12 different pipe configurations !
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Thanks anders i was thinking more of a brake pipe type thing not jubilee clips or gaffer tape i suppose its a citroen part only then any idea how much they are.
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Ordered one at £90 here tomorrow any xantia i get from now on will get lots of grease on there.