Drawings

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Drawings

Post by James.UK »

It would be nice, and very usefull, if we had a collection of drawings for things that crop up a lot. E.G. How the waterflows, showing rad, pipes, pump locations etc, Matrix layout, heating controls.. Expanded pics of various type of brake layout. valve gear and flow charts for hydrolic systems. etc etc.

The more drawings of various models the better. :D we could either put in links to them or have some other means of accessing them :) a pic is worth a hundred words. 8)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I forgot to mention that photographs would also be a big help. If people took pictures as they carried out various jobs on their cars and posted them somewhere, along with info pertaining to the job they were doing, this could make life much easier for other people trying to do the same job at a later date.

If this involved cost (web space) or time on someones part, I would be willing to help on both counts. I'm not an IT expert but I do know how to reduce the size / change the format of.. an image.. And doubtless others would help who know far more about it than I do.. :)
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

For drawings and explanations do you mean something like this?

http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/citroen%20guide.pdf
jeremy
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Jeremy. Yep thats exactly the sort of thing I meant, and that site is now on my list of places that give that kind of information. :) Erm it's also the only item on that list so far. :oops: lol..

Photos taken by members would also be a huge help..

An example of the sort of thing I mean.. We get lots of posts on ZX heater matrix removel and replacement, but untill a very recent posting by Stewert (oily) I had always wrongly assumed that the matrix ran across the car parellel with the bulkhead, and right at the very back.. Obviously this is not the case. A drawing of that area, preferably exploded, would be very usefull..

Another.. Overheating probs.. A drawing of the water circulation routes in various models would be very usefull to people at times. :)

Etc etc, for all common problems and fixes.. :)

Thank you for the link.. :) Looks a bit 'techie' though, I just hope I can understand it. :roll: :oops: :D
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

The only problem that I see with (the otherwise good idea) that if someone sees a "simplified" photograph of something they think "looks simple enough, I will have a go at that" and as we know that leads to all sorts of problems.......Like the infamous BOL (unless photos are supplied to put the broken car back together again) 8-[ - Anthony.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

There's always pr net as well-http://www.citroen-pr.net/spot/accueil.asp?lng=LEN, lots of drawings of assemblies, sub-assemblies, etc and with part numbers too.

Easy to sign up for-just make up a business name.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I have taken some pics whilst working on the car, but I live in fear of getting the camera covered in guk, the pics I took of my engine when I was building it up just look like a heap of oily things :(
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.