xsara

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

moggy
My Cars:

xsara

Post by moggy »

just bought a used xsara td but i hav'nt got a radio code the garage i bought it from is a independant one not citroen any ideas how i can obtain the radio code?
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Moggy
I would:
1 Go back to the garage and put the reponsibility on them to supply it. They sold you something that doesn't work!
2 Look at the previoius keeper in the log book. Drop them a line and ask if they have a record of it.
3 I don't know for sure if Citroen do it but Ford do! Go to a main dealer with the car, the log book, the radio. Ford keep a database and can supply the code if it's the original radio. I'm sure Citroen would do the same. For a fee of course.
Jamie
adrianeaton
My Cars:

Post by adrianeaton »

Go for option 3 above - we were in the same situation (we're also missing the card with the security code for getting keys cut or immobilisers) I e-mailed my local Citroen dealer asking if they could help and got a phone call from the service dept - they gave me the radio code over the phone (I'd supplied the reg number and VIN number). No charge!!!
The key codes are only kept by the supplying dealer but can be obtained through your local one if needed.
Adrian