Xantia Heated Seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HST

Xantia Heated Seats

Post by HST »

I have a 98 Xantia with heated leather seats. As it has been getting colder here in Scotland, I've started using the heating for the first time.

However, they don't seem to be that warm even set on "3". Is this normal? I'm starting to think I'm imagining the warmth, because it's so pitiful! Maybe takes the chill off the leather, but that's about all. The only other car I've sat in with heated seats was a Volvo (not mine, thankfully) which certainly roasted your bits...
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

mmm sounds like something's up, mothers get sooo hot I find I have to turn them down after a while if I'm riding with her.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Mine get hot on setting three but only only just take the chill off the leather on two. I've tried to trace the regulator box but I can't make out where it's located. According to the exploded view on the parts list it's under the centre console but all I can find there are the cruise control computer and airbag control box.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

Setting No. 1 should be enough to give enough 'constant' warmth, No. 2 for a quick blast, No. 3 will ensure a burnt botty after 10mins. :lol:
Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
Xantia V6 Exclusive (2000
Xantia 1.9TD SX (2000)
Previously owned
Xantia V6 Exclusive (97)
XM V6 Exclusive (95)
AX 1.4
HST

Relay location

Post by HST »

OK, they're definitely bust then, not just designed for the south of France. :(

Right, if I going to fix them it might as well be now given the winter in prospect. I've checked the 20A fuse for the seats & it's fine. When turning on the heating I can't hear a relay going. I'm assuming it is one of the ones in/below the fusebox in the cabin. Anyone know which one it is?? I'm also assuming it's a single box for both seats i.e. with two circuits in it. The relay is my prime suspect given that neither seat is working...... Or maybe a loose connector somewhere that carries both sets of wires (at the switches maybe?).
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The contol box is located directly under each seat, the only parts in the centre console are the switches.

Its more than likely the case that the seat elements have broken, a known weakness.
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

I would agree that they are a known weak spot on earlier Xantia's/XM's but the later models had a more robust control box which prevented the heating mat from burning out. As you are feeling some warmth thro' the deat I would doubt that the heating mats are at fault.... more likely the control box/wiring.
Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
Xantia V6 Exclusive (2000
Xantia 1.9TD SX (2000)
Previously owned
Xantia V6 Exclusive (97)
XM V6 Exclusive (95)
AX 1.4