Citroen Xsara 2001

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johninderbyshire
My Cars:

Citroen Xsara 2001

Post by johninderbyshire »

Hi
A few questions (again!)
1, I have a knocking on the front end again - only 12 months ago the ball joint was changed, and in feb this year i had a new strut and anti roll bar link fitted to pass the mot. The anti roll bar link has split rubber on it - could this be the cause of the knocking?
2, Should i get anything else changed when I get the cambelt done in a couple of weeks?
3, Is it easy to take the buimper off to change the sidelights as they are both out?

I know this is a pain of a car, and with no bol its hard for me.

Many Thanks in advance

John
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

It could well be an anti-link bar that has sadly failed very early on (it can happen!), however one other thing that i could suggest just from a personal experience and i know that someone else suffered the same and he indeed had the same problem.

My Temptation ZX got a slight knocking on it and within the 3 months of ownership my mum had of it afterwards it had gotten a whole lot worse, very very worryingly bad, turned out to be two worn bushes on the gearbox....sorted!

Just another one to be considered that causes knocking....but this started off a little and then got really really bad!
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
johninderbyshire
My Cars:

Post by johninderbyshire »

I am taking it back to the garage that did the anti roll bar link on saturday. The knocking noise has been the same and not got worse or better since it started a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the advice.