Hydraulic pump compatibility.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adzbaby
My Cars:

Hydraulic pump compatibility.

Post by adzbaby »

Hi All,

I have had a chap ask me if I have a spare H/pump. Which I do. His car is a 93L (pre antisink) and has a H/pump which has one inlet and one outlet, & a 117mm diameter pulley.

I have a 1 inlet 1 outlet H/pump (off a 94 Lreg with antisink) but the pulley diameter is around 140-150mm. Would this be compitable?

Cheers,
Adam.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Click on the piccy to see it enlarged in all it oily gory! This is the spare two pipe pump that I've borrowed an O ring off to rebuild my single pump one!!

The spare pump in bits!

If an explanation is required here goes - although I'll probably confuse matters and everyone's general understanding!! :D

The end bowl on the left bolts onto the opposite end flange face to that shown of the main pump body [right hand side] which cannot be seen. The O ring sits inside the bowl against the inner shoulder.

The main pulley [pictured centre!!] drive spindle on removal simply draws out of the main body. A collet/brass hollow cylinder is moved by the offset cam against the pistons - these can just be seen [in two layers of 3 parallel orbital rings] inside the pump and are all held in check by the collet even once the drive spindle is removed :D

Now I've totally confused myself [and no doubt anyone reading this!!] I'll sign off! :roll:

All the best,
Andrew
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

The pulley size is usually determined by the engine type, the smaller one being for the diesel as it runs at lower revs and therefore needs higher gearing. Both pumps are probably the same otherwise but of course the drive belt will be the wrong length.