Ive tried "search" !! How to remove Xantia stereo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

London luke

Ive tried "search" !! How to remove Xantia stereo

Post by London luke »

Just how do i go about removing th estereo??

Also can the new facia plate complete with the spring cover still be bought???

Cheers
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

you need to unclip the surround that goes around the radio & heater conrtols then you can get to the retaining screws

You can still get the plates from halfords or autoleads
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

try Citroen for the adaptor first. When I wanted one for our ZX I found it for £29.99 in Halfords 9their most expensive one) yet the genuine article from Citroen was less than £10 including VAT. - Both had pull down lids.
jeremy
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

i tried that jeremy, went to citroen and they said didnt exist, so got part number from pr.net and they said well that was a part number for a random website and had nothing to do with citroen.... was in mood that day (had just done 20hour shift) and couldnt be bothered to argue it through, so went to halfords instead (so expensive). never have been that impressed by pilling citroen, who's parts dept share a unit on buisness estate with volvo and is mainly volvo based.
ZX 1.4I 1993 Reflex KDX
London luke

Post by London luke »

Very easy to get trim off and stereo out. Thank God I have Torox screw drivers !!
Now I need to get the correct facia plate. Phoned a garage on friday and they quoted me £37.00 !!!

I like the idea of having the flip down lid but can live without it. have yet to find one on ebay.
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Hi, that price sounds about right ,needless to say I didn't buy it. this is one of the many parts that are 'lost' in citroens system. the parts dept don't know where to find the numbers,so they cant sell the parts ,so eventully the parts never existed in the first place .This then lets them argue blind with the customer. Regards John.