ax 1.0 injection specifications

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dean s
My Cars:

ax 1.0 injection specifications

Post by dean s »

Has anyone got the plug gaps and any other settings for a 1.0 litre injection '93 AX please.
Cheers
Dean
fred1

Post by fred1 »

Dean,

According to Haynes the plug gap for all pre 1995 954cc petrol and all 1124cc models is 0.8 mm.

Not much else to set if you have the static distributorless system. The timing on the breakerless distributor system is 8 deg BTDC @ 750rpm.

All 1.0l (954 @ 1124) injection models seem to have the single point system in one form or another, which is not adjustable - everything controlled by the ECU ! Just ensure air filter is changed as specified (or better). Haynes says every 24K miles but I change it at about 15k.

Our P reg 1.0 inj AX seems to keep tune very well give good MPG (40+) and be very easy on its plugs despite the best efforts of my sons!

Regards

Fred
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Fred -

What make & type no plugs are you using at present ?
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
dean s
My Cars:

Post by dean s »

Thanks for the info, its a cracking litle motor I use for getting to work and back. The only thing it seems to do is hold back slightly, and is a bit hesitant on light throttle openings. If you give it a bit of welly, in the lower gears it seems hard to believe its only 950cc.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Girlie's motor is a 1.0 AX. It gets serviced once a year regardless of mileage (only basic stuff even then unless anything else required for MOT), invariably has little oil in the engine and gets thrashed down the M40 fairly often.

We took it to Cambridge at the weekend and apart from the horrible, horrible pedal position which gave me leg-ache, it is a very nice car to drive. Buzzes along merrily at motorway speeds.

A great car - my lady loves the wine bottle storage in the doors too!

Ian
1986 Citroën 2cv Dolly. 133k. All shiny again!
1994 Citroën AX 1.0 Jive - girlies' workhorse GONE