Off topic: Focus bulb change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

p20

Off topic: Focus bulb change

Post by p20 »

Hi, sorry for being off topic here, but someone on here must had to change a Ford Focus headlight bulb, passenger side. A girl at work needs it doing, had a quick look, it looks a bit of a nightmare. No room behind due to the battery being there. #-o
Any thoughts or experience?? Sorry for being off topic and thanks in advance.
307SW HDi 110
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

I dont know, what some people do just to get on the soft spot of a lass....cant fault ya laddy....good luck!!! :D
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
Mark Dunmore
My Cars:

Post by Mark Dunmore »

If the Focus is like any modern car, replacement of headlamp bulb will be a pain! For example:-

C5: partially remove front bumper
New shape Relay: remove headlamp, invoicing time 1 hour!
Late Xsara: n/s would be a doddle, but for the ABS block being in the way...
C3: very tight for room

Surely headlamp bulb replacement should be an easy job? It's getting more like a main dealer task every day!
p20

Post by p20 »

I know with my xantia its easier to remove the entire assembly. Trying to avoid doing this when its not my car.

:lol: LOL at Mezuk04 :lol:
307SW HDi 110
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Fiat citiquento (or however its spelt) is a arse like that, trying to change the sidlight bulb without removing the whole headlamp is a nightmare.
Mind you its a headlight out job on the Ph2 Xantia's too
p20

Post by p20 »

\:D/ Got it changed \:D/ Had to remove the complete unit though. It also has a bolt which can only be accessed from under the car. ](*,) If the under tray had been in place i'd have had to jack the car up, remove the tray to undo the bolt. The quality of the plastics in the focus suprised me, the Xantia seems more robust. :shock:
307SW HDi 110
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Yer ford bulbs are a bit of a sod really, both the fiesta and mondeo (96 on) require the headlamps to be removed to change the bulbs easily, so I would guess the focus would be similar. Sometimes its little things like this that make me wish id kept the citroen / bought another one! I hope none go in ours in the near future, its a bit cold to be messing about dismantling cars. I have to admit though, the rear lamps are a doddle to sort if one goes, unlike certain french numbers.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Mark Dunmore wrote:If the Focus is like any modern car, replacement of headlamp bulb will be a pain! For example:-

C5: partially remove front bumper
New shape Relay: remove headlamp, invoicing time 1 hour!
Late Xsara: n/s would be a doddle, but for the ABS block being in the way...
C3: very tight for room

Surely headlamp bulb replacement should be an easy job? It's getting more like a main dealer task every day!
I didn't have any real problems changing the headlamp and sidelights (didn't do the combined fog/full beam) in my C5.

I recommend that you put your back against the radiator and use your left hand for the passenger side and your right hand (after removing the wiring for the suspension pump) for the drivers side.

I do have large hands and long arms as well.

Ben
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.