ZX auto prices.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

ZX auto prices.

Post by James.UK »

I bought a ZX aura 1.9D auto about 18 months ago, on Jeans behalf... Nice car, L reg, pre face lift, goldie colour, with one prev lady owner, done 50k ish. I paid about £850 for it..

Jean part ex'd it on the Mazda she now owns, a few weeks ago, and got allowed £800 on it.. The garage sold it to their sprayers wife for £995 the following day .. I spoke to him (the sprayer) recently to enquire as to how the car was going, and he tells me his wife sold it last week to a woman in her street and "made a nice profit on it"!! wouldn't tell me how much, but did a lot 'nod nod wink winking' and said she got Well over a grand (£1.000) for it ??

This pesky ZX seems to be going up in value fast!! :shock: :D I hope this trend continues and spreads to all ZX models! :D
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
micitroen
My Cars:

zx

Post by micitroen »

I think its more to do with the engine/gearbox configuration than the make/model of the car. Unles you go large ie. Merc, Volvo etc or large 4x4,eg. Toyota, Mitsubishi etc there are no 'older' auto diesels out there. Apart from the Citroens ie BX, ZX, Xantia...there are no medium sized auto diesels and even the Cits are rare. I know that I looked for ages before I got my BX.
Mike

1993 BX TXD EST mmm. nice. 1990 Bx 19TZD Auto Lhd (now lives in France) 1998 Xsara 1.9d lx.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Micit-- you just reminded me :)

At the last northern meeting, there was a gentleman from Bristol with a white BX diesel auto TURBO!! :shock: I tried to find out who he is as i would love to know how he got an auto box to work with a turbo engine? I was told by quite knowledgeable citroen people that it could not be done??

He told me he fitted the engine himself, but we were interupted at the time so I never got all the details.. :roll: :(

His picture in on the thread about the meeting. he is on the right in the pic of a grey ZX with its bonnet up.. I think Marty took the picture.. :D

Does anyone know who the gentleman is? I believe he was disabled? had a walking stick? I really would like more information if anyone has any..
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Well Citroen made a TD Xantia and I suppose its vitals could be transplanted. Probably easier into a Zx than a BX as there's more room under the bonnet and presumably they share a similar ancillary drive system. (BX hydraulic pump is over the gearbox driven by a pulley on the camshaft.)
jeremy