306 window washer jets

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Linchpin

306 window washer jets

Post by Linchpin »

Hey guys, im sure i read someone on here recommended fitting Xantia jets as my 306 ones are blocked / mangled.

Any ideas? I quite like the ones that "haze" the screen rather than 2 jets of water. If anyone has a pair they would like to sell on, please let me know.

Cheers

Kev
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

I changed the standard jets on mine to the Xsara jets, they produce a mist that covers the entire screen rather then two straight jets coming out of them.

The Citroen Part No's are: 6438 G9

Just walk into your local citroen parts dept, and quote that number, they dont usually keep them in stock. I think i paid about £6 for the two of them.

Much better jet, fans the entire screen, so cleans much better.

Regards
David.
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

Are they easy to fit without any modifications, etc?

Cheers

Kev
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

yea they are easy to fit, just pull the little pipe off the bottom, and squeeze the black plastic lugs on the bottom of the jet whilst pushing the jets up.

A bit of twisting them around is needed.

I had to release the edges of the sound proofing to get access to them on my HDi, but on my brothers 1.4 there isn't any sound proofing.

Depends what model you have i guess.

To fit the new ones, just push them down from the top, again maybe needing to squeeze the lugs to get them in, the from under the bonnet, re-connect the water pipe, put the sound proofing back.

Job Done.

Hope this helps, if you need any more info,
Give us a shout.
Regards
David.
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

Got em and fitted.

What a difference! Id advise anyone with a 306 to change them over.

Thanks for the advice!

Ps... they only cost me £4.20 inc vat at my local Citroen dealer ;)
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I put some on my Xantia a few mths ago.Much better than the standard jets.
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=17412
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Sounds good to me :) the mist jets I mean.. Anyone know if they will fit my ZX? I have big hammers, crowbars etc available. lol.. :roll: :oops: :D
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Where are yours fitted to?Mine are the twin jet to each washer,mounted under the top edge of the bonnet.About an inch long X 1/4 inch wide.If they are the same as that,then they will proberly swap straight over.I dont know if they do different "mist" washer jets,but mine are the same as fitted to the 406. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Mine fit underneath. I have ordered a set from local Cit dealer as I can put them on the Pug 306 if they don't fit my ZX, if they do fit, then I will buy another set for the Pug :)
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Pheonix

Post by Pheonix »

Anyone know if these will fit a Peugeot 106?
Regards
Joe
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Not sure yet. I went in to buy some today, none in stock, so have prdered them for tomorrow. :roll:

When I get them I will do my best to describe them to you. :)

The Xsara jets fit the 306 very nicely as prev stated.. Though I have left the normal jets on untill I have finished sorting my ZX out as I want to see what they are like before I change them over on the 306.. :?
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

The Xsara jets fit both the Xsara and the Peugeot 306 with no modifications required..

The Peugeot 407 mists jets do NOT fit the ZX. The input on the existing ZX jets is horizontal from the opp end to the jet exit. The input on the 407 jet is at 45degrees in a upward directing horizontaly, at right angles to the direction in which the water exits the jet. And on the 'wrong side. i.e. the side away from the pump..

Due to the inlet being at an upward angle (remember they are actually upside down when in situ) you cant get the jet to sit flat up against the underside of the bonnet, I am going to try to fit mine somehow to the lug that is near the jets, situated about half an inch away from the underside of the bonnet about two inches to the right of the existing jet. I will also need to extend the length of water pipe. so will buy about an extra 2 yards to give myself plenty of leeway and replace all the pipes... But I need warmer weather first!!

In case I damage the old jet during removal, and can't replace it if things go wrong, I will do the passenger side first (furthest away from the pump) that way if problems arise fitting the new jet I can seal the pipe and use just the one washer untill I sort it out. (This would not be possible on a car with two wipers.)