Oli Grade ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Twiss

Oli Grade ?

Post by Twiss »

Helle Poeple

Well I went to my happy local Cit dealer to day to get a few parts and while I was there I asked them what grade and make of oil they recommend to use in my ZX Aura 1.9TD 1993 138,000 miles, They pulled out a bottle of Total Quatz 9000 5w/40 and said this stuff, they use it in all there engines Petrol and Deisel. old and new.

now I normal use Magantec GTD 10w/40w for turbo diesels. So Should I use the stuff from Cit or stick with GTD? And what could happen if I use the Quatz 9000?

Thanks Twiss
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Personaly I've used the 10/40 in my old ZX TD with no problems. I've also used the Total Quartz 9000 5/40 in both my petrol Xsara's, and while it looks alittle thin it seems to be OK.

A good tip is try GSF for the Total oil as they sell it aswell and it's always a little cheaper than the main agents.
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Using very light synthetic oils is OK if you use them from the start.
Not a good idea if the engine has done a few miles on a heavier (or non- synthetic) oil. Of course the main stealers always use it! They make a fortune out of it!

All that will happen if you start using Quartz is that you will use more oil and your wallet will suddenly become alot thinner.

//NiSk
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

Go down to your local GSF and buy this.

Total Quartz 7000 semi synthetic 10w40. Super Multigrade engine oil.

Right viscosity for the TD Engine and half the price of the GTD Magnetec.

Cheers
Life feels good just as you complete No4 Glow Plug on a ZX-TD