C5 Fog Lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rick Hough
My Cars:

C5 Fog Lights

Post by Rick Hough »

I've just bought my first C5 after a string of BX, SX then Xantias and I can't get the foglights working.

Checked the two fuses and fiddled with the light stalk as per the user guide but no joy. Also checked all bulbs and they are good.

Anyone have a similar problem with their C5?

As a point of interest I'm well pleased with the car but have two quibbles.

1. When wet the bootlid gives the contents of the boot a shower on opening - duff design.

2. No rear wash/wipe, duff accountancy I would guess!

Apart from that anyone thinking of going C5 from Xantia I would say do it, much bigger feel to it inside and seems swifter and more frugal than my HDi Xantia (both are 2001 models). Handling isn't so confidence inspiring but ride is much better.

Only my opinion really, they are such brilliant used bargains it is almost irrelevant to make direct comparisons.
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

Are we talking about front or rear fog lights here :?
JT
My Cars:

Post by JT »

Rick,
You can get seal fitted to the boot lid which will throw water off to the side .
It consists of a thin strip of rubber which fits under the existing seal under the rear window.
Cost 40.00 euro fitted, from a dealer in Ireland. :D
JT
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Ah yes - Ireland . . they'd need it there . . .

//NiSk
fatboyslimfast

Post by fatboyslimfast »

The boot lid seal should have been done under dealer recall - pop into your local dealer to see if your C5 is up to date on it's recalls. Off the top of head I think the front fogs are in the headlamp unit, so if the bulbs are OK it may be a faulty stalk (is the fog tell-tale on in the dash?) or a faulty/misconfigured BSI.
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

Front fogs are indeed in the headlamp unit, the inner bulbs. They are standard H4's, the dip filaments being used as the fog lamps.
Providing the sidelamps have been switched on, twist the knob once and the front fogs should come on, and the indicator lamp on the dash lights. Twist again, and the rear fogs come on as well, and their indicator will light.