Large Vibration before start moving

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

a_seebo
My Cars:

Large Vibration before start moving

Post by a_seebo »

Hello everybody,
When my car is about to move from stationary position and when power is required, the whole car vibrates a lot.

I dont have this vibration when the car has already started moving. It is just before moving on the first gear.

Sometimes the car doesn't move when the vibration is so big...

Can you help?
Avi has got a Peugeot 106 Equinox of Nov 1998, 1124 cc
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

It could be something getting on the clutch, I have had a similar problem when a water hose was leaking, letting water drop into the clutch, this shook the car when starting off but went away when the car was warm.
stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
a_seebo
My Cars:

Post by a_seebo »

But it happens mainly when the engine is hot.. I mean when I'm stuck in the traffic jam for example... or when I'm starting moving the car uphill...
grattsim

Vibration

Post by grattsim »

HI
I also get the vibrations when trying to pull away, gnerally more when under load.
As far as I am aware there isn't any dirt on the clutch. Could it not just be the Clutch is warn out and sliping?
If it is dirt on the clutch except riding the clutch to clean it, is there something available that will clean it?
I'd like to know.
Any ideas?
a_seebo
My Cars:

Post by a_seebo »

No, I don't think it's the clutch. I'm suspecting the drive shafts with their worn bearing... But I'm not sure. May be someone can confirm that for me...
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Worn outer CVs on the driveshafts are noisy on steering. Drive off slowly on full lock and you'll hear them if they are worn. They start of clicking with a bit of ware and end up very noisy and graunchy when worn badly. I somehow doubt they'd get bad enough to give the symptons you describe without giving up totally. Unless of course you are rear wheel drive.

If you can reliably duplicate this when the engine is hot, I'd have someone look at the engine with the bonnet up as you pull off. This way they'd see if it was the engine rocking on bad mounts or hear driveshaft problems.
Pug Rifter long (20) - 41mpg - Gutsy for a 1.5!
Xantia 1.9 TD Temp.2 Break (97) - 208K@42mpg - Resting again.
Berlingo Multispace 1.6 16v (51) - 184K@36mpg - My shed! Still runs 15° retarded...
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

Have you checked the clutch cable, from the gear box end give it a pull and see if it frees up alittle. If it sticks the clutch will stuter.
Maybe a new clutch cable is needed?
Mine was doing the same....

Cheers
Any ideas?
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Does this model have a dual mass flywheel ?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.