Lights On Buzzer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

axamax
My Cars:

Lights On Buzzer

Post by axamax »

BX14RE 1989. Does anyone know where I can get an aftermarket Lights On Buzzer. I've seen them somewhere! I'm too used to Motorcycles still.(Everything goes off with ignition)
philip.coffey@ntlworld.com
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

phil,
you should be able to pick a buzzer for the job you want to do from any electrcal parts retailer, no i don't mean somewhere like currys etc, what i mean is some where that repairs radios or where you can get l.e.d.'s from, or you might even be able to get one from a burglar alarm manfactior.
dom
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Maplins do these in kits.
They also do things like parking radar kits etc..
www.maplins.co.uk
Mat.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I may be wrong here, but all you need is the buzzer relay.
If you take the lower steering wheel shroud off, you should find a connector that doesnt connect to anything (its in the main loom and i guess they didnt ever bother to remove it), if you can find the buzzer relay it just plugs into this connector, easy peasy.
Like i say i could be wrong, i havent tried it yet, but if that is all that needs to be done, its a rather simple task!!
Vanny
Merseyside, UK
Citroenbx19rd@bxproject.co.uk
http://www.bxproject.co.uk
axamax
My Cars:

Post by axamax »

Vanny,
Do you know if it is a normal relay or if it has an integrated buzzer and relay? If a normal relay, is the buzzer already in position somewhere?* Hopefully when I get the car back I'll be able to work out a method.
*(It wouldn't surprise me as I had a Frod Graunchada that had the relay position, wiring and solenoid for a tailgate release. All that was missing was a metal link[wire coathanger] to the lock and a switch!)
philip.coffey@ntlworld.com