Xantia Engine mountings

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregg1100
My Cars:

Xantia Engine mountings

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi,
I contacted local Citroen dealer for prices for engine mountings Friday, for my TD. I thought someone here said you could get the big round mounting for bottom rear of engine seperately. According to Cit dealer, it comes with the ally bracket only, that fact borne out by my foray into Cit-pr site. Is this right, because Cit want £55+ for the part. Will the Bx diesel one do the job. I have one of those already..
Thanks,
Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

It may be the same as the BX one - have a look at the on-line shops on the GSF and Eurocarparts sites.

I did my BX one in situ by cutting through the outer steel band with a hacksaw and by deep freezing the new one before fitting to reduce its diameter marginally.

jeremy
jeremy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yep i think the last one i bought from GSF was about £6 squide
regards malcolm
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I would have thought it would be the same as the BX as well. Eurocarparts list it as the bush only at about six and a half quid.

PRnet only lists Citroen O/E spec- it won't list aftermarket stuff that is made especially to meet a need not met by the manufacturer. The improved modified BX clutch arm would be one example. There's a lot more profit for Citroen in selling you the complete assembly, but, they had to get that bush from somewhere..........

When I did mine on the BX the rubber just fell out by itself and I did a couple of runs round the inside of the shell with the MIG- the heat was enough to loosen it and the weld gave me something to bash on.

It eventually gave up and came out, and, like Jeremy, the new one was in the freezer ready. It wasn't a particularly nice job!!! Its the same as doing a wheel bearing but lying on your back......
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Xantia Engine mountings

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi,
Thanks for replies. When I went onto GSF online shop, it didn`t even list any engine mountings for Bx or Xant. Probably a phone up job.
Will have to leave the car a bit longer--job has turned out to be a bit unsafe. Tossers of managers won`t tell you anything.
Thanks,
Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

They do list it for the BX, its under engine & gearbox mountings. They call it by a bit of a silly name, though- its referred to as the 'disc'....presumeably because its round!!

Eurocarparts do it for the BX and the Xantia, and its the same stock number, so I don't know why GSF don't list it for the Xantia... AND they give it a more sensible name- Bush!!!!