C5 Hydractive 3+ - Topping up

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fred1

C5 Hydractive 3+ - Topping up

Post by fred1 »

Hi,

Anyone solved problem of depressurising the system to top up the suspension/steering fluid level and the repressurising the system to .5bar?

Regards

Fred1
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you just put the car in low to check the LDS level.no need to de-pressurise the system.you only pressurise the system to 0.5bar to bleed the system.
fred1

Post by fred1 »

wheeler

Many thanks for clearing this up.

How do you depressurise/repressurise the system to say change a sphere?

Or is this now a dealer only job on the C5!!

Fred1
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Easy!

On the back of the engine, on the n/s longeron, there is an aluminium block with pipes going to it, and a nipple (10mm spanner).
Set suspension to low.
Put some rags around it and unscrew the nipple nut until you hear a hiss.
Just wait for it to stop and the front system is depressurised.
Dont' forget to retighten the bleed nipple and do citaerobics.

It's really easy, it takes me 5~10 minutes to change the front spheres on the C5 (standard HA3) and top up the LDS level - fill it to around middle of the small windows on the filler filter.
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
fred1

Post by fred1 »

Thanks Francisco,

From another source I also understand that there is a second depressuriation point on the rear suspension.

On the hydractive 3 it is on a pipe connector block in the centre of the coss member.

On Hydractive 3+ the front and rear depressurisation points are on the mounts for the central spheres. On top of mount at front and on bottom of mount at rear.

Thanks again, all looks similar to the "normal" Cx/BX/Xantia procedures where you depress at the accumulator, but with two depress points that are less accessable. The march of progress !!

Once again thanks - the biggest problem these days is getting the information not doing the job !

Regards

Fred1
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

[quote="406 V6"]Easy!

On the back of the engine, on the n/s longeron, there is an aluminium block with pipes going to it, and a nipple (10mm spanner).
Set suspension to low.
Put some rags around it and unscrew the nipple nut until you hear a hiss.
Just wait for it to stop and the front system is depressurised.
quote]
Th guy has HA3+ so the aluminium block will not be there.on the 3+ system there is a bleed nipple on each of the stiffness regulators (on the 3rd sphere).both front and rear are de-pressurised independantly.both are located underneath the car.it can also be de-pressureised with a citroen diagnostic computer.
fred1

Post by fred1 »

Wheeler,

The diagrams I saw also show a second depress point on the connector block (similar shape to the front one) on the rear cross member for Hydractive 3

Fred1
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

on hydractive 3 there are 2 de-pressurisation points (one fron,one rear).'the aluminium blocks'.the front one is located kind of in between the engine timing cover & the right hand suspension strut mount.the rear is located on the rear crossmember slightly to the right hand side.
on hydractive 3+ the bleed nipples are located on the stiffness regulators,the front one is located on the rear of the subframe next to the body height sensor.the rear is located on the rear crossmember in the centre next to the body height sensor.im 99% sure that the HA3+ models do not have the 'aluminium blocks'.
fred1

Post by fred1 »

Agreed.

Both H3 & H3+ have two depress points one front and one rear.

On H3 they are on the Al connector blocks and on H3+ on the regulator sphere mounts which are located on centre line of car front and rear.

Regards

Fred