Xantia seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Xantia seats

Post by RichardW »

My current pre-facelift 97 TD VSX has cloth seats. The drivers seat has lumbar support, which I find pretty uncomfortable, as it makes my back ache after a few miles, unless I have the seat reclined, which makes the driving position a bit awkward. I've been looking at adverts for a few HDis, but most seem to list 'lumbar support' (as if this is some sort of desirable feature :roll: ). Were the facelift cars all fitted with this type of seats? If so, then I am going to have to look for an Exclusive with leather armchairs :P as I won't have another with the cloth lumbar jobbies.

Otherwise, it's back to a BX TZD, which I never found the seats in a problem, or lifting the seat out of an earlier Xantia - my 95LX with velour seats had no lumbar, and were OK for me. Or maybe a ZX TD estate, space, performance, economy and seats I find OK.....

Oh darn, forgot, I am not allowed to buy another car at the moment... :wink:
Richard W
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Isn't the support adjustable with a wheel on the side of the back ?
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Yes the lumbar support is adjustable, i use it the odd time when i get a sore back
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Re: Xantia seats

Post by pete_wood_uk »

RichardW wrote: then I am going to have to look for an Exclusive with leather armchairs
One of my cars *is* an Exclusive with leather armchairs, as you put it. I have to say I'm not that impressed - the lumbar support is adjustable in two places, neither of them right (for me, at 6ft tall). I find them uncomfortable after just a few miles. Having said that, I have to say that I can then do another 300 miles and they don't get *more* uncomfortable, but they're certainly not welcoming and enveloping in the way that CX and even BX seats used to be.

And the electric adjustment of the rest of the seat's movements is just a pain in the proverbial, especially if you share your car with someone much shorter... (or rather she shares her car with me... :D )

Best regards
Pete
Xantia HDi 110 Excl Estate 140k
C5 HDi 138 Estate
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Not great news then...

I always find seats with lumbar support give me back ache after a short while - the support is always too low, and pushes into my lower back, even on minimum setting :cry:

Looks like I might have to get a C5. OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Fire up Ebay....search...ZX TD estate... 8)
Richard W
Rostami
My Cars:

Post by Rostami »

As soon as the lumbar support is slightly misadjusted, you will feel it...takes no longer than a few minutes as said before.

For me the trick is to "waste" some time and fiddle around and find the best position.
Xantia Activa 2.0 HDi (1999)
Renault Clio 1.9D (1994)
BX 16TRS (1984) - RIP
Fiat Uno 45s (1987) - RIP