Dodgy Boot Lock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Dodgy Boot Lock

Post by mezuk04 »

Since ive had the car ive had problems with the boot lock, since nothing needs currently doing on the car I thought I would look into this.

If i come to open the car using the fob all doors and boot unlocks, however after a 40 min drive i can park up, switch the engine off, take the key out and go straight to the boot and the boot wont open, i have to lock and then unlock the car using the fob for the boot to then unlock itself, if i shut the boot and then try to re-open it has locked itself and i need to lock and unlock the whole car.

I have also tried opening the boot using the key and following the citroen book (just incase) which informs of removing the key at different angles for different effects (ie exiting the key at a 45deg locks the boot or such!), however the key just spins round continually both left and right.

Slightly annoying, and i do want the Xantia to be pefect :o

Regards
Chris

BUMP
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

BUMP
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Chris,

Got similar trouble with our ZX. I took the solenoid out, but it cannot be easily opened, so I will have to source another. Strip the lining off the hatch and see if you can get to the solenoid - the one on the ZX is all floppy when in the unlocked position, and falls back to the locked position.

See this thread:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=16479
Richard W
andycarter
My Cars:

Post by andycarter »

My Xantia is the same.

If you remove the panel and watch the mechanism you'll see that the solenoid is working fine, but as you say, after a long drive it locks itself - that's gravity & vibration that is.

(Mine also locks itself if you shut the lid a bit too hard.)

It's terrible when nothing has broken for a while and so you start inventing problems.. :wink:

Andy
1996 Xantia TD (Sold)
2004 Hyundai Trajet 2.7 V6 Auto
2000 Skoda Fabia 1.4 16v