Xantia Clarion 4035 (PU1562A)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rpaco
My Cars:

Xantia Clarion 4035 (PU1562A)

Post by rpaco »

Sorry I put this on the end of an old post which now seess wrong.
I have the code, just didn't remember it at the right timebut it has locked out and does not want to unlock.

I drove to Preston and back from Boston. Waiting for "Code in" to re-appear but it didnt. If after waiting several hours I press the Band button, a second line of dashes appears at the very bottom of the display.

I have had the radio on the bench hooked up to both constant and acc supply for over a day now @ 13.8 Volts so the suspect low voltage on my car batt is not an issue, but it has made no difference so far.

Any ideas please? Is there anyone there who knows how to force the "Code in" sequence. I am happy to go inside the radio. I have tried shorting across the ISO connector pins but to no effect (I expect there are diodes in series)
Any one have a cct diag for this unit? Or know which is the memory capacitor (I thought it was non volatile earom not just a cap). I have now also tries shorting all over the pcb without the power on.
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

Hi,
I believe that all you need to do is press the band button to re-activate the code input screen :lol:
2004 C3 XTR HDI 16V 92bhp
2004 Xsara Picasso Exclusive HDI 16V 110bhp
1989 Peugeot J5 Hymer B694 2.5td intercooled 8v 96bhp
rpaco
My Cars:

Post by rpaco »

If only it was, but as I said in my original post, all that happens is that another line of dashes appears accross the bottom of the screen.

I am now wondering if the back emf from the starter motor stalling shot the radio up the backside.

The condition started when the battery was low and I attempted to start the engine. The starter motor stalled and the rev counter flicks round to full revs and the needle sticks against the glass. Also because the voltage drops to vitrually zero on the memory supply line the radio thinks it's been disconnected and goes into "Code In" mode. Had I remembered the code at that time all would have been well. But instead of leaving it until i could look it up i was convinced i did know it (which i do now) and didn't.

Anyone got a service manual for this Clarion radio please? my internet search has been unfruitful. :(
jack.dempsey
My Cars: BX TZD @ 250K miles (J reg),
Xantia TD @ 165K miles (R reg),
Xantia 2.1 TD (R reg)
and tow a caravan with them all (not at the same time)

Post by jack.dempsey »

Did you hold in the band button for about 5 seconds ? I think that you then can type in the code, using the preset buttons.
They said it couldn't be done, so we didn't bother trying!
rpaco
My Cars:

Post by rpaco »

No tried that holding it in for upt to 20 seconds. However problem solved it needed 30 hours hooked up on the bench and then it finally capitulated! :)