Interior Light Switch Location

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Martin Shorthose
My Cars:

Interior Light Switch Location

Post by Martin Shorthose »

Hi Guys,
New member to the forum and just spent a happy two hours or so going through previous posts - nothing more annoying than the same message posted time and again!
To business...
The interior light function has become intermittent on the drivers door but I cannot find the location of the switch.
Time was when it used to be a plunger sticking out of the door pillar but then again my last car was a Triumph Herald!
Any clues?
I do not want to buy a Haynes manual as it encourages me to work on the car and I want a life!
Cheers!
Martin
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Hi Martin,
I'm not sure about Xantia's but on my XM, there's one in the conventional place (a´la triumph herald) and one at the back edge of the door, in the B-post. In addition, there's one on the microswitch for the central locking system, hidden inside the drivers door.
//NiSk
Martin Shorthose
My Cars:

I have looked all over for a conventional type switch - A post, B post, on the door itself, but can't find a thing!
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

Aren't they on the door pillar (A) but covered by a little rubber "boot" which pulls off to expose a conventional switch? - roughly half way between the hinges. I presume we are talking about a Xantia.
PhilW
Phil
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

If we are talking Zantias or Xsaras here, from about 1998, the familiar rubber covered switch in the door pillar which operated the courtesy lights was changed to a switch incorporated within the door locking mechanism. Anything to make life more complicated!!
Edited by - JohnD on 09 Nov 2002 22:25:11
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

John's right. If you open the door and flick the door lock back with a screwdriver to simulate closing it, the interior lights go out! Remember to "open" it again before closing the door for real!!
Jamie
Martin Shorthose
My Cars:

Great!
As you say JohnD - anything to make life complicated.
I really cannot be arsed to take the door mechanism apart right now!
What was ever wrong with the plunger?
Thanks anyway guys!