ZX rear flexible hoses

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

duncss

ZX rear flexible hoses

Post by duncss »

Has anyone else changed the rear flexible rubber brake hoses on a zx ? Are they a total pig ? I dont think I can get the spring clip from the top of the hose without dropping the whole rear axle which I don;t want to do - any ideas ? Is there a spring clip removal tool that would do the job - as they are seriously heavy duty clips !

Thanks
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I've just had the subframe out of ours to change the mounts, and thought at the time changing the flexis will be a pig! However, I think you'll manage it if you remove the spare wheel and carrier, and drop the exhaust silencer from its mounts. Bit of heat and Plus Gas should free the clips off. Biggest problem is likely to be that the bleed screws in the wheel cylinders will be seized or already broken off, which will invovlve fitting new cylinders, which probably also means new pipes, as the unions will probably shear off :twisted:
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the best tool i have foud for this type of clip is a good pair of vice grips,do not apply heat because not only will you destroy the spring clip but your flexi could explode,spraying hot brake fluid everywhere,
ps.
richard bit of a long route to change sub frame mounts,as you can replace them in sittue,yes ok i know whilst its down you can make a job of it,im just thinking of it from my side of the fence as a small car repair work shop
regards malcolm
duncss

zx brakes

Post by duncss »

does anyone have the sizes/dimensions for brake hoses - copper ones - as guess what, citroen don't stock them and just have them made up at a local brake factors. I then went to the brake factors and they said that they just sell pipe and someone else shapes it - hey ho !