Steering wheel removal

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

batwad
My Cars:

Steering wheel removal

Post by batwad »

The time has come for me to finally find out why my airbag light doesn't come on with the ignition like it's supposed to. I'm hoping it's just going to be a blown bulb, so I need to get the IP out and have a butcher's :)

So does anyone know if the removal of the steering wheel, in particular the airbag, on a 2000 306 is wildly different to that of the already well documented procedure on a Xantia? It sounds like it's held on in the same way, with two screws in the back. Reports say the Xantia has Torx T30 screws, anyone like to counter this for a 306?

I only ask because I'm going to have to buy a screwdriver for it. My set of Torx bits are the ones that sit in a 1/4" drive fitting and came from Screwfix with a-million-and-one other bits I'll never need. Great, but the 1/4" drive socket won't fit in the hole in the back of the airbag :roll:

While I'll have the battery off and my radio's reset I might even get round to fixing the dead bulb in my heater controls...
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

For future reference, it's perfectly feasible to get the instrument panel out without removing the steering wheel or airbag.

If you do want to get the airbag off you will indeed need a T30 Torx screwdriver.