Xsara Locking (or not)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fishcom

Xsara Locking (or not)

Post by Fishcom »

Hi;
Just joined after several years of shamelessly using the info from this site, have just bought a Xsara 1.6 1997 5 door, 64k miles, FSH, immaculate in every respect, but no central locking or interior lights: can't find a relevant answer in previous posts, so desparate for help. I bought the car to sell on, but I'd like to sort the locking first; I've checked all the wiring to all doors, all the fuses etc., but to no avail. I seem to have seen somewhere someone suggesting the locking unit was seperately fused, this would seem likely as there is no voltage to any of the door connections, or any of the interior light terminals. Any clues, anyone?
Thanks in advance....

ps the other thing that suggests a blown fuse is that the driver's door wiring has been repaired in the past: it's been resoldered & taped up within it's rubber boot
bpwoody
My Cars:

Post by bpwoody »

Hi - had identical problem on my '98 Xsara, which turned out to be a blown fuse in the box below the steering wheel. It was fuse F15 - it may be different on yours, but I think it blew due to broken wires in door hinge, as you mention. I think my posts on this are on the new forum, so you should have been able to find it. Let me know if you are successful!
Paul.
Fishcom

Post by Fishcom »

Hi;
Thanks for your response: I saw your post & had checked the fuses, but I've replaced F15 as a precaution, still no joy! What next?!?
Scruffy ferret
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Locking (or not)

Post by Scruffy ferret »

Well I am the owner of 1.6 HDI citroen Xsara 2007 apart from the locking wheel nuts that I had drilled out and replaced with normal wheel nuts ... the car is good and reliable except that ... the central locking has never worked WIRELESSLY from the key ...fine... from the key on either front door .... now on recent service / MOT a non citroen mechanic I think messed with my electrics ... after the service.. the auto lighting was not activated at all from daytime running on position "0" in the lighting stalk ... bit annoying but hey ho ... lets get it reactivated .. there was a post on this here which was very good .. turn ignition to first notch ... menu .. and follow instructions ... fine / wait about 10 seconds ... and so on so forth .. brilliant..... auto lighting enabled ... gentlemen guess what else was ENABLED ... YES.. the cars ignition key wirelessly activated the Central locking on all doors + boot... WHAT !!!! ... now I am just like a kid with a new birthday present , on/ off/ on /off ... no hand manual key turn after 2 years ownership ... I hope this helps someone ..