Radiator bleed valve and running problems

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ayden
My Cars:

Radiator bleed valve and running problems

Post by ayden »

1st problem :

Today the flat part of the bleed valve on my 1600 phase 1 405 broke off as i tried to tighten it (cause it was leaking) :x so i drained the system took it off and replace it with a bolt until i can get a new one but when i tried to drain the system nothing came out of the aparant "drain valve" all that was in there was a rusty coloured sludge anywho i found a rubber pipe blank off with jubilee clip on it at the bottom of the rad so i took it off and the water ran free :D managed to bleed the system again and it was fine my question is is the bleed valve snapping a common problem ? and what use is the drain valve if nothing comes out ?

2nd problem

im getting alot of black smoke out the back when the accelerator is heavily tramped on and i mean alot almost like a diesel at high revs well some diesels :lol: is there a way i can cure this im taking it to a friend mechanic of mine to see what he says and would just like a second opinion as you guys are just soo good :wink:

thanks again :)

Ayden
85 ' 305 SRD estate - scrapped
92 ' Fiat uno speed machine - scrapped
00 ' Citroen synergie HDI "the beast" - still going. . . . just
94' cavalier
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

1.st ) like on the BX'es there is the said small rubber hose to bleed the radiator.

2.nd) if you floor an early carby engine its likely to overrichen the engine - thus a black cloud. But it could very well be a symptom on the carb in need of service.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image