Bleeding AX brakes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ayden
My Cars:

Bleeding AX brakes

Post by ayden »

How would 1 go about bleeding AX brakes ?? it is the 95' Elation model petrol ? thanks Ayden
85 ' 305 SRD estate - scrapped
92 ' Fiat uno speed machine - scrapped
00 ' Citroen synergie HDI "the beast" - still going. . . . just
94' cavalier
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i use a presure bleed kit,which is a cotainer with brake fluid in and two pipes coming from the top,one of which goes into the bottom of the fluid,the other just to the top of the container,on the other end of the pipe that goes into fluid it has a screw cap which fittes on the top of your brake fluid tank,the second pipe goes to a tyre pumped up to no more than 20psi,when all set up you open one bleed nipple at a time,starting at the furthest away from the master cylinder,a finnishing at the closest,WARNING whilst you have the system under presure do not press the brake pedel at all,because you could invert the mater cylinder seals,then you will be in deap s**t
regards malcolm
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I find surprisingly often that i can simply open the nipple, connect a clear tubbe and wait - and gravity does the job for me! Did a Mk 11 Jag this way, rear of my Renault 21 and a number of others! I always try this before getting wife to pump the pedal for me - its less stressful than explaining that the pedal mustn't be released until she's told etc!
jeremy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i thought its the up and down bit they get cofused over
ha ha ha,if you wait for the air to come out on its own you might have to wait a very long time,and then you dont now you have got all of the air out
regards malcolm