Revs rise on gearchange

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hurdsey
My Cars:

Revs rise on gearchange

Post by Hurdsey »

The car, 2001 Xantia HDI 110, 50,000 miles

The problem, when changing up through the gears I take my foot off the throttle and press the clutch, the revs then rise about 300-400 revs and then settle down instead of just dropping off when i lift off the throttle, it doesent happen every time iyswim. It doesent happen on down changes, Its not like a sticking throttle where the revs just stay constant when you lift, they actually rise, its only just started happening, so when i get home tonight i'm going to spray the pedal pivot and throttle linage with some WD40 to see if it makes any difference, but i dont think it will, it might work with a sticking one but not with a rising one :?
Anybody got any ideas :?:
It couldnt be anything to do with the Ecu could it :?:
Xantia gone, now got a
Renault Laguna 1.9 Dci Sport tourer
2000 Westfield SEIW 175Bhp
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Check any dampers you've got for stiffness, and check your cable too. The pedal pivots are rather well greased at the factory (at least mine were) so I'm not convinced that will be cause. The other things that can cause stiffness are a dry or frayed cable, or a worn cable outer liner, the cable outer has a plastic liner in it, these tend to get a groove worn in them at certain points and once the cable wears through them they can grab the cable.

GSF do a comprehensive kit to replace the cable (inner + outer + liner + end bits) it was listed in the catalogue for 14 iirc.