Confused? I am!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

trailer_park_boy

Confused? I am!

Post by trailer_park_boy »

On trying to remove the rear arm on the Xantia, I stumbled on a problem - The circlip that holds the rear arm to the suspension link rod (the lever that goes into the hydro unit) has snapped off (somebody been fiddling before me thinks) leaving a fair bit inside. The result is that I cant seperate the rear arm from the suspension link rod. Do you think it would be ok to drill the rest of it out? - Thanks all the same - Alex.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Ah im back as I was - A HUGE thanks to Alan - You are the man 8) - Alex.
sleepy0905

Post by sleepy0905 »

try using a thin punch it should come out had the same problem on my bx I used a drill bit as a punch. :D
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

The little pin came out (went ballistic with the lump hammer - you gotto love 'em :P ). But after 2 hours fiddling in between work on others cars, I cant seem to get them out!!! I have never seen bearings in this place before. Any ideas people? Many thanks - Alex.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

I now know how to get them out. The bearings have collapsed - the outside set annyhow. And I need a new shaft as it's worn......... :evil:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

just buy a rear arm bearing kit,it has all of the parts you require,except the shim washer and rear arm,kit cotents two bearings,two seals,two spacers,one pivot bolt and nut,steel bearing suport sleave and a plastic linner,i put a blob of weld on two of the inner side of the outter bearing race,to aid removal,then just reassemble
regards malcolm
ps. GSF sell the kits
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Thanks for that malcolm. It will have to wait till Monday though as im now spent out (after going into GSF today :lol: ). Im like a kid in a sweet shop - I start buying up the whole place. Thanks once again - Alex.