ride height

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bikemad650
My Cars:

ride height

Post by bikemad650 »

A few days ago the rear ride height link came off.I went under car, forced down lever using adj spannar and popped it back on.Now the rear sits about 2 " too high but ride quality is fine.Ride height was fine before. Also since i had the car if i move the manual lever back one level it feels like all my wheels are oval as it bouncys all over but it is funny.Fluids seem ok and front spheres were replaced recently.Any advice is appreciated as my car looks like its on stilts. ta Ian
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bikemad650</i>

A few days ago the rear ride height link came off.I went under car, forced down lever using adj spannar and popped it back on.Now the rear sits about 2 " too high but ride quality is fine.Ride height was fine before. Also since i had the car if i move the manual lever back one level it feels like all my wheels are oval as it bouncys all over but it is funny.Fluids seem ok and front spheres were replaced recently.Any advice is appreciated as my car looks like its on stilts. ta Ian
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Sounds like by forcing the mechanism you've moved the rollbar clamp, so the height adjustment needs redoing. Have a search on the forum for the adjustment procedure (it was covered quite recently) and make sure you support the car properly (use drive on stands or a pit/hoist) so you don't crush yourself.
By the way, its normal for the ride to be bouncy if you set the lever to anything other than the normal position - you should NEVER drive at anything over about 5Km/hr in the fully down or fully up position, and not more than about 20Km/hr in the one back from normal position (Intermediate height) and only in extreme cases like fording a flooded road.
Regards,
Simon
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

or maybe you have even bent somthing
regards malcolm