Xantia 1.9TD 1995 Sunroof

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

soupy_sam
My Cars:

Xantia 1.9TD 1995 Sunroof

Post by soupy_sam »

I have a problem with my electric sunroof it will tilt fine but it will not slide open the motor drops the tid and then starts to go back for about half an inch then it will not budge. Any Ideas please
Ciaran
My Cars:

Post by Ciaran »

Try lubricating the runs that the roof slides over, if you can get at them with the roof tilted, or partially opened.
Whats more likely though, is that the cable is slipping. This is common on XM's, I didn't know Xantias were prone to it too.
soupy_sam
My Cars:

Post by soupy_sam »

have lubricated runners but still no joy . Is it easy to take sunroof glass out to get at mechinism
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

open the motor cover and look at the gearing, make sure the a tooth hasn't broken, that would cause the sunroof not to work.
Paul
jonnydrumm1967
My Cars:

Post by jonnydrumm1967 »

Try helping the roof to go back with your hand while keeping the switch pressed.This worked on a 405 estate I had a while back. Copious quantities of lithium grease were sprayed throughout the runners and that was it.It worked fine after that. Mind you, make sure it's not gonna jam in the open position![:(]
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Just had a thought,
Have you tried manually opening the sunroof?
Try it using the allen key winder thats on the inside of the motor cover, you may get it to work if the cogs aren't broken.
Paul
D.Slatford
My Cars:

Post by D.Slatford »

Mine did exactly this (and the cheap Xantia I just bought does it too, haven't had time to look at that yet).
It turned out one of the rivets holding the mechanism to the roof had failed, causing one side to rise slightly, jamming it. You'll need to unscrew the roof glass to get a proper look.
soupy_sam
My Cars:

Post by soupy_sam »

How do I remove the roof Glass to have a look, in the Haynes manuel it says you have to remove all the roof lining and not to attempt it
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the chassis for the sun roof is the head linning,so for most jobs you do have to lower the hole think
regards malcolm
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

The Glass removal is easy, Tilt the sunroof up, then you will see some Torx headed screws, those are the ones holding the glass sunroof in place. Before you undo them, mark around the framework so you know where to put the sunroof back when refitting.

Paul
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,