ZX Purflux Oil Filter where now ? FOUND EM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenbx

ZX Purflux Oil Filter where now ? FOUND EM

Post by citroenbx »

After reading the forums re-oil filters i took a trip down to GSF to buy my servicing items..Shock ,Horror they dont have a Purflux Filter for my ZX-TD.
Worse than that they are not sure when they will be getting any more ?
Does anyone have a source for these filters.(Apart from Citroen Think of a price then double it ££££££)
Many Thanks.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

It isn't really going to make any difference at all is it! - After all how often do you hear of an engine siezing from any cause at all or wearing out either. You like the look of the Purflux and think its the best but has anyone done a comparative test to destruction using the other filters? Even if they had and the Purflux came top the others would probably do a job that meant your ZX would have been crunched many years before it came an issue.
jeremy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you would think they will have these in stock as this filter fits most of the cit/pug range,ask your local cit dealer i dont think they are that costly,otherwise find a factors who stock either purflux/cooper because these are or where the same company
regards malcolm
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I think you should read this before deciding on a filter ;-)
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters.html
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

All these filters meet the Vehicle Manufacturers specification..... so wheres the problem???
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

i change the oil and filter every six months on all my cars (after using engine oil flush in it as well) surely all these really good (and expensive) filters only come into their own if you dont change the oil very often??
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it always used to be said that the original cit/purflux filters had a valve inside where other make even for these models did not
regards malcolm
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

Thanks for all the advice so far...Not done an oil change yet on the ZX.
There seems to be some debate as to which filter is best ?
Great Link from James.UK
The FRAM filters do not score very well and this is all my GSF and the local Andrew Page are selling at the moment.
Looks like i may have to go to Citroen (think of a price and double it £££)for a quality oil filter.
[:(]
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

Found this link ?
Any comments
http://www.autoair.co.uk/Filters.htm
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The genuine Honda one is of course a Purflux. I'm sure its a better filter but is it going to make any difference?
Jeremy
Big Bazza
My Cars:

Post by Big Bazza »

I have just replaced my Xantia one with a genuine Purolator from my local Cit dealer, £6.48 inc new sump plug washer and VAT. I dont reckon that is too bad for piece of mind. 2 litre 16V, 100,850 miles now, and still uses no 5w 40w Fully synthetic between changes.
bbrucez
My Cars:

Post by bbrucez »

I'm wondering if the 3 Euro ones I bought in Auchan Calais are any good?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I'll let you know- my BX has one on right now, along with one of the Auchan 2 euro diesel filters........
In the Triumph 2 litre six world,if you have a spin on filter conversion an anti-drain filter is regarded as essential to engine survival, but I'm not so sure how important it is on a newer design of engine.
bbrucez
My Cars:

Post by bbrucez »

So they've gone up 50%? I've been robbed!
Just put it on the C5 on Sunday.
Jon

Post by Jon »

If you order GSf ref N12047 then that is a Purflux or Citroen boxed (with Purflux filter inside) filter. N12045, the equivelant, is likely to be Lautrette brand. Incidentially, Lautrette do have OE as filter suppliers to Citroen and Peugeot, and they provide the factory fit oil filter element for the 1.4 and 1.6 HDi's.