Servicing trip milleage indicator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

a_seebo
My Cars:

Servicing trip milleage indicator

Post by a_seebo »

Hello everyone,
My Xsara year 04 has a problem with it's servicing trip milleage indicator which does not decrease at the same pace with the trip milleage indicator.
Thus it indicates me on the dash board that the car has to go through a servicing when I have 4000 km more to run before going to the servicing!
Does anyone have an idea about that.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I think they work by measuring the conductivity of the oil, lots of short runs will get the oil dirtier than long ones, so it might get to the service point quicker than just looking at mileage, my wifes ZX only does 3000 per year but still needs its oil/filter changing twice as it works its oil very hard.
Stewart
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

The service mileage indicator decreases at the higher of:
1, Actual mileage, or
2, Average miles per day/week required to meet the 12,500 miles or 1 year whichever comes first rule.
So when you don't drive your car, the miles to go meter still decreases. My Xsara mark 1 used to count down the individual miles, my C5 counts down in 50's.
a_seebo
My Cars:

Post by a_seebo »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

I think they work by measuring the conductivity of the oil, lots of short runs will get the oil dirtier than long ones, so it might get to the service point quicker than just looking at mileage, my wifes ZX only does 3000 per year but still needs its oil/filter changing twice as it works its oil very hard.
Stewart
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thnx oilyspanner and everyone,
What the Citroen dealer here in Mauritius told me that it can be programed either on 15,000 Km or 20,000 Km.
Meaning that for excessive use, the car have to be programed on 15,000 km and for a normal use it will be 20,000 Km instead.
They have not mentioned about the conductivity of the oil. If this was true they would ask me the service the car immediately, instead of asking me to wait for till the 20,000 Km will be over.
Do you have an idea?
a_seebo
My Cars:

Post by a_seebo »

May be Mr bencowell is right when saying about the one comes first b/w the 12,500 miles or 1 year. Because it has started decreasing rapidly just before 1 year time. Meaning, on the month of June it would make 1 year... and on the Month of May it has decreased very rapidly...
But is it a fault?
a_seebo
My Cars:

Post by a_seebo »

But today I paid a visit to the Citroen Dealer here in Mauritius. They are teling me that the programs of Citroen has no idea about Time and what it recognises is just the distance travel.
So it is a manufacturing problem..!!
What do you think?