Saxo Sunroof leaks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Saxo Sunroof leaks

Post by Jon »

Looking at a friends Saxo which suffers with water leaks from the sunroof area. The water is coming in at the front of the roof.
The aerial base (in that area) is not the cause.
We also tipped water around the sunroof aperture and it drained away correctly to all 4 corners as it should.
We're rather mystified why water still leaks in at the front of the sunroof during heavy rain.
Anyone got any ideas please? We're stumped!
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Jon,
When my parents first got their 93 Xantia (1 yr old, 2k miles, obviously never been out in the rain!) it leaked just like this - especially when parked nose down on the quite steep drive they had at the time. A couple of trips to the dealer (Renault) didn't fix it, but they eventually talked to Citroen and discovered that some early Xantias had not had the sunroof properly sealed to the car's roof, causing the leak. When they dropped the headlining (!) they were able to put a feeler blade between the roof and sunroof in some places. Dropped the sunroof out and resealed it and it has been fine since. Your next move (unfortunately!) has got to be to drop out the headlining and see if you can see where the water is coming in.
Richard
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

You're not parking it on a steep slope, are you? Can cause drainaway problems.
Mike