Peugeot 106

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Easyrider

Peugeot 106

Post by Easyrider »

The windscreen washer has packed up on my wife's R Reg 106. My immmediate thought was fuse ... but all fuses OK. All other electrical systems seem fine but there is no pump sound when operating the front or rear screen washer. Any ideas anyone?
The washer bottle and presumably the motor and pump are tucked inside the offside front wing. Has anybody out there had to get access to the pump and can give me some tips.
Thanks
Easyrider
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

My previous Xantia's washer bottle/pump could easily be seen by looking under the front of the car, the pump is simply a "pull out gently" affair, not forgetting the leads and pipes.
Be careful with the pipes, if the plastic is brittle, sometimes the plastic bit on the pump will snap off - new pump, but they're only a few quid anyway.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

The only way to get any kind of decent access to the washer pump is with the front offside wheel off, and the wheelarch liner out. Quite what was wrong with having a washer bottle in the engine bay, I don't know!
kyle_k

Post by kyle_k »

Im just wondering - how many of the 106 components are the same as AX components. It seems to be a lot easier to find AX parts in scrap yards here.
Easyrider

Post by Easyrider »

Thanks guys - sorted. I removed the offside wheel arch liner and extracted the pump. Sure enough the seal within the pump had failed and the internals had corroded so that the motor was u/s. A neat system but stupid access!
Easyrider